Michelin Travel Partner, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Michelin Group that is a French company with share capital of €11,288,880, registered with the Nanterre Trade and Companies Registry under number 433 677 721, whose registered office is located at 27 Cours de l’Ile Seguin, 92105 Boulogne Billancourt, France, designs, develops and markets Michelin tourism products and digital mobility assistance services.
This personal data protection charter applies to all websites (hereinafter ‘Sites’) and mobile and tablet applications (hereinafter ‘Applications’), and/or the local variations thereof that Michelin Travel Partner publishes, and which are listed below:
- ViaMichelin (Site and Application);
- Michelin Travel (Site and Application);
- Michelin Restaurants (Site and Application);
- Michelin Restaurants Pro (Site);
- Michelin Business Solutions (Site);
- Michelin Navigation (Application).
Michelin Travel Partner has carried out with the French data protection authority the formalities required prior to processing personal data collected using the Sites and Applications.
This personal data protection charter is subject to change in accordance with the statutory and regulatory environment.
1. Type of data collected
When you use the Sites and/or Applications, certain data may be collected directly from you, in particular, personal data within the meaning of article 2 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended.
Michelin Travel Partner may also receive personal data about you from its sales partners, who must warrant that they are authorised to collect and transmit such data.
Michelin Travel Partner collects and processes only data that is strictly necessary for the purpose for which they are processed.
2. Data collection purposes
Michelin Travel Partner processes data for a clear, legitimate and specific purpose.
Your data will be processed for the following main purposes:
- managing your ‘My Michelin Account’, ‘Michelin Boutique’ and/or ‘Michelin Restaurant Pro’ accounts and providing the services that they each offer;
- managing and processing your requests;
- if applicable, managing your participation in promotions or contests;
- creating a consumer database for the purposes of customer loyalty actions, sales prospecting, promotions, behavioural studies and/or marketing, in accordance with the conditions of this personal data protection charter;
- ensuring that Michelin Travel Partner is in compliance with its legal obligations as the publisher of online electronic communication services for the public.
3. User information
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended, Michelin Travel Partner is required to inform you of the processing of personal data that it carries out.
Therefore, Michelin Travel Partner will clearly inform you each time it collects personal data and, in particular, will tell you:
- the identity of the data controller;
- the purpose for which your personal data is collected;
- whether responses requested are optional or mandatory, and the possible consequences of failing to reply;
- that you have the right to query, access, modify, rectify, delete and, on legitimate grounds, oppose the use of your personal data, and the procedures for exercising such rights;
- if transfers of personal data are planned to any country that is not a European Union Member State.
4. Recipients of data collected
Michelin Travel Partner will share your personal data only with specific authorised recipients. The recipients of your personal data include the following:
- relevant Michelin Travel Partner services;
- the following Michelin group companies (hereinafter ‘Michelin group companies’);
- Manufacture des Pneumatiques Michelin, Place des Carmes Déchaux, 63040 Clermont-Ferrand Cedex 9, France, a French société en commandite par actions (limited partnership with shares) with share capital of €504,000,004, Clermont-Ferrand Trade and Companies Registry No. 855 200 507;
- Michelin España Portugal S.A., Avda. de los Encuartes, 19 Tres Cantos, 28760 Madrid, Spain, CIF A20003570;
- Michelin Italiana, S.p.A., corso Romania 546, Turin, Italy;
- Michelin Belux, Brusselsesteenweg 494 1, 1731 Zellik, Belgium – Brussels Commercial Registry No. BE 400.906.146;
- Michelin Tyre Public Limited Company, Campbell Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 4EY, Company No. 00084559;
- Michelin Reifenwerke AG & Co. KGaA, Michelinstraße 4, 76185 Karlsruhe;if applicable, Michelin Travel Partner subcontractors;
- if applicable, Michelin Travel Partner partners and parties that have contracted with Michelin Travel Partner;
- other users who are members of the Sites and Applications in the case of data whose publication you have authorised.
Michelin Travel Partner requires Michelin group companies, as well as, where applicable, its subcontractors, partners and parties with whom it contracts, to undertake to implement all necessary precautions, in light of the nature of the data and the risks created by its processing, to maintain the security of the data and, in particular, to prevent the data from being altered or damaged and to prevent access thereto by unauthorised third parties.
Michelin Travel Partner hereby informs you that it will transmit the information it holds, including personal data it has processed, pursuant to a request for such data that is made in accordance with the laws in force by any court or other government authority authorised by law.
5. Comments fields
Certain pages of the Sites and/or Applications allow users to draft and transmit specific requests to Michelin Travel Partner (contact forms, error, reports, etc.) using forms they can complete as they choose.
The information that users transmit to Michelin Travel Partner in such manner should never contain personal data, and should always be pertinent, restrained and objective in light of the subject matter in question.
Users of the Sites and/or Applications may register and receive Michelin Travel Partner newsletters by providing their email address using the form available for such purpose on the relevant Site and/or Application.
The information that Michelin Travel Partner collects in this way will be used solely to manage your newsletter registrations and to send the newsletters to you.
You can manage your newsletter registrations from your ‘My Michelin Account’ personal account.
In accordance with the law, you have the right to access and rectify the information about you and, on legitimate grounds, to oppose its use. You may exercise this right by sending an email to: email@example.com.
7. Unsolicited email
Michelin Travel Partner will not use your personal data for marketing purposes or share it with third parties (sales partners, parties that have contracted with Michelin Travel Partner or Michelin group companies) for such purposes, without your prior consent.
Therefore, if you wish to receive emails containing information and promotional offers about the products and services of Michelin Travel Partner and Michelin group companies and/or sales partners and parties that have contracted with Michelin Travel Partner, you can tick the appropriate boxes in the relevant registration form.
8. Data storage
Michelin Travel Partner will store your data only for the time necessary to carry out the operations for which they were collected, and in compliance with the laws in force.
Michelin Travel Partner ensures the security of your personal data through a robust data protection system that uses physical and logical security measures.
If all or part of personal data processing is subcontracted, Michelin Travel Partner will impose personal data confidentiality and security obligations on its subcontractors, by contract, in accordance with article 35 of the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended.
10. User rights
In accordance with the French Data Protection Act of 6 January 1978, as amended, you have the right to query, access, modify, rectify, delete and, on legitimate grounds, oppose the use of your personal data.
To exercise these rights, simply send us a letter, enclosing a copy of an identity document, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the following address: Michelin Travel Partner, Service Client, 27 Cours de l’Ile Seguin, 92105 Boulogne-Billancourt Cedex, France.
11. Contact us
This charter is intended to evolve over time, and we undertake to supplement it in order to meet your needs and expectations.
Therefore, we welcome your questions and suggestions about this charter. Please send us your comments using the 'Contact us' section.
If you have other questions, please refer to the menu at the foot of each page (‘footer’) of our Sites. Perhaps we have already answered your question.
(version 15.1 – Apr. 2015)